Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, beginning on Monday, March 23, CoxHealth will only be allowing hospital patient visits in the following areas:
End-of-life care: The patient’s clinical team can make exceptions at their discretion.
ICUs: No visitors except end-of-life care.
NICU: Only the parents/guardians of the neonate are allowed to visit one time per day. If the baby has only one guardian, one additional support person older than 18 years may be authorized for visits. The designated persons will remain the assigned persons throughout the duration of admission.
Pediatrics: One parent or guardian per day.
Child Psych: One parent or guardian is allowed to visit during regular visiting hours as posted.
Labor and Deliver and Postpartum: One support person for labor and delivery patients.
Procedural Areas: One visitor who has been identified as the designated driver for the patient may wait in the designated waiting area of the procedural department.
Emergency Departments and Urgent Cares: One visitor to be the designated driver.
Visitors in the areas of the hospitals not mentioned above will not be allowed.
Visitors meeting the above criteria may visit during normal visiting hours.
· Visitors will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms at entry.
· No visitor will be allowed into our facilities who shows symptoms of suspected COVID-19.
· Visitors are asked to limit your movement within the hospital to only your patient’s room and public restrooms.
· Please use good hand hygiene during your visit.
· Please do not enter the hospital if you are ill.
Please note: No one under the age of 18, with the exception of those seeking medical care, will be permitted into CoxHealth facilities.
Mercy Springfield is making similar changes.