Trails West Branch of the Kansas City Public Library is offering the following activities for the month of September. The Library is located at 11401 E 23rd St. S., Independence. All programs are free. For more information, call 816-701-3483.
• Walk On, 10 to 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Come walk a mile in the comfort of air conditioning. This class will focus on higher muscle engagement which leads to higher calorie burn and more muscle tone. You may bring dumbbells if desired. No equipment necessary. This a free program and no registration is required.
• Teen Gaming, 4 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays.
• Rockin' Ramblin' Readers, 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays. Bring your little ones for a storytime with music and great books, followed by a fun activity for all to enjoy.
• Trailblazers Book Group, 2 to 3 p.m. Sept. 18. This group reads a variety of award winning adult fiction.
• In Between Worlds Book Group, 6 to 7 p.m. Sept. 26. This group is aimed at 20 somethings that are too old for the teen activities and too young for the older adults book group. Meet some new friends and chat about a variety of adult and young adult fiction.
– Jillayne Ritchie